Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and Other Information
1) May I request a custom dress, with specific images or colors?
I will do things along a general idea as well as color and size (1-4). The more freedom I have, the better the dress turns out. One might commission an artist to do a painting for a certain space or size, possibly on a certain theme, but it’s rare that the exact idea for the painting’s content is commissioned. Please share your ideas with me and we can discuss the possibilities.
2) Where are Rabbit Whiskers dresses made?
All Rabbit Whiskers dresses are sewn, hand-smocked, and hand-embroidered in the USA.
3) I’d like to buy a dress just like one I saw in the gallery of previous dresses.
Please feel free to use the gallery as a reference for something you would like, however no two dresses are identical. Part of the value of the dress is that it is a unique work. If you fall in love with a dress in the gallery and it is not currently for sale in the shop, tell me about it, I may be able to create something similar for you.
4) What sort of material do you use?
In general, all of the fabrics used are top quality, 100% cotton. Occasionally I use gingham or batiste, which are cotton blends. The fabric is pre-washed to prevent shrinkage.
5) What are the washing instructions?
Each dress is machine washable and dryable on warm or cool settings.
After washing, a little spray starch makes the dress easy to iron.
To perk the sleeves up after washing, stuff with tissue paper and steam them; the
wrinkles will disappear.
6) Which forms of payment do you accept?
I accept online payments via Paypal, which enables you to use a credit card or your own PayPal account.
I ship orders within two business days of receiving payment. All items are carefully packed and sent by insured, priority mail in the United States (usually this takes two to three days to arrive). For other countries I will send the package, insured, by standard shipping, which may take a couple weeks to arrive (unless you’d like arrange a more expedient method with me). If you do require a faster shipping method, please contact me before placing your order. I ship orders within two business days of receiving payment.
8) May I return or exchange the dress if I don’t like it?
If you aren’t completely satisfied with the quality of a dress purchased from the online store, you may return it for a refund of the base price or an exchange (shipping will not be refunded) under the following conditions:
- The dress must not have been worn
- The dress is in its original condition
- None of the tags have been removed from the dress
- The dress must be returned in its original packing
- The dress must be returned within ten days of receipt
- The package must be returned via insured mail
Because a significant amount of labor goes into creating each dress, I do not accept returns or exchanges on custom order.
9) I only see one shipping price of $14.50. Does that apply to everything in the shop? No, the $14.50 shipping fee applies only to dresses and a few of the heavier items. Unfortunately this website allows only 1 shipping rate, so everything will be charged the same shipping fee. Once you’ve completed check-out if you’ve been charged too much for shipping I will immediately issue you a refund for the excess shipping charge via Paypal. The shipping for a set of Notecards is $3.00 for the first set and $2.50 for each additional set in the order. So for example, if you’re charged $14.50 for shipping your notecards, I will promptly refund the difference via PayPal~ I apologize for any inconvenience.